April is a notable month for women. We recently celebrated Equal Pay Day on April 4th, which is the symbolic day dedicated to raising awareness of the gender pay gap. April is also Women’s History Month, and women’s empowerment is what it’s all about. Look at the capable women who worked for NASA back in the 1960s whose stories we discovered in the movie, “Hidden Figures”. Look at all the empowered women who are making big contributions to science, mathematics, auto repair, technology, sports, comedy, activism, and politics. Ladies, we’ve got the power. To celebrate, let’s all be Bomshells.
Recently, we’ve read several articles that talk about raising strong and confident daughters. We feel that when a mother is confident and exhibits self-love, that leaves an indelible impression on her children, both female and male. Self-care and confidence go hand in hand. When you take good care of yourself, you are better equipped to take care of others. Firefighters know this, doctors know this, and so should you.
Our Bomshell clients are empowered women. They appreciate their bodies. They recognize how far they have come in their life’s journey. Many of them are highly successful and call the shots both at work and home. We feel that these strong, mature, women are among the most beautiful. All those years of laughter and wisdom have etched beautiful smile lines on their faces. They look and feel younger than their years. Our Bomshells have grown to embrace their sexuality, accept their natural beauty, count their blessings, and continue to build upon their assets.
So, how do we, as women, raise daughters who will also step into their power? How should we encourage them to know their self worth, and that they deserve good things?
We have a suggestion. Show your daughters how they, too, can become Bomshells.
Mother’s Day is coming up, and April would be an ideal time to have a mother + daughter portrait session. When you and your daughter(s) arrive for your portrait session, be ready to be pampered and empowered. Your makeup will be professionally done, and you will all look fabulous. Throughout the process, from foundation to mascara to hair styling, you will be able to spend valuable time with your loved ones. Along with having great sentimental value, a mother-daughter photo session is tremendous fun! You will get some much-needed girl time.
We empower our Bomshells to feel more confident about themselves. Let’s show your daughters how to step into their own power and take on the world, one photo at a time. It’s a memorable way to help your daughters let their lights shine for all the world to see.
To schedule your mother-daughter portrait session, call Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir at (315) 299-7167. Embrace what it means to be a strong woman. Dare to be a Bomshell.
The memories we create with our family last forever. We will always cherish the special moments we share with our loved ones. However, sometimes, the curse of time deteriorates the quality of our memories. The small details, such as the contrast of the brilliant red of your daughter’s scarf against the white snow, are buried deep within our mind and unable to be retrieved.
A portrait session with your family freezes the special moment in time. The details of the memory are captured in a photograph. At Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir, we don’t just take a picture. We capture the essence of your family. Your daughter’s precocity or your son’s bursting energy are forever frozen in a collection of portraits from Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir.
Family portrait sessions are also known to boost your child’s self-esteem. Judy Weiser, a psychologist, studies the effects of taking family portraits on children’s development. She concludes that when a child is involved in a family portrait, they feel apart of the family. “I belong here. This is where I come from,” is what your daughter or son typically says to themselves. They recognize and embrace the uniqueness of their own family and their story. A portrait session binds a family together while allowing each family member to feel cherished.
Photography at Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir is a family affair. Caitlyn Bom’s father’s passion was photography, and he had beautiful photographs decorating his office as she was growing up. As Caitlyn was growing up, her father, Kevin, thought she was dedicating too much of her attention on typical teenage things, such as school, working, and boyfriends. He suggested photography. Photography became her release and escape, and she is still thankful to him for sharing his passion with her.
Family portraits are an incredible way to spend time with your loved ones, celebrate the connection you share, and to encapsulate a cherished memory. To learn more about a family portrait session or to book an appointment, call Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir at (315) 299-7167.
We strive to have our clients celebrate their beauty, and essentially, embrace the skin they are in. One of the most sacred loves is between a mother and her daughter. At Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir, we want to capture this incredible and beautiful bond on camera. A mother and daughter portrait session is an excellent opportunity for you and your daughter to get even closer while allowing us to capture and express the special bond you two share.
When you and your daughter arrive for your portrait session, be ready for your pampering to begin. Your makeup will be professionally done, and you will look and feel absolutely radiant. Throughout the process, from foundation to mascara to hair styling, you will be able to spend valuable time with your loved one. Also, who doesn’t love a little pampering?
We believe the time we spend with our loved ones is priceless. We should cherish every moment we are able to spend with someone we truly care about. At Bomshell, this wonderful experience, a mother-daughter portrait session, is able to be frozen in time. Because of these photographs, you easily and always can be transported back to this special day, no matter the time or place.
Along with having great sentimental value, a mother-daughter shoot is simply fun! You will have your makeup done and get some much-needed girl time. We empower our clients to feel confident about themselves. Let’s uncover your superpower, one photo at a time. We want you and your daughter to leave us feeling ready to take on the world!
To learn more about a mother-daughter portrait session or to book an appointment, call Bomshell Beauty + Boudoir at (315) 299-7167.
This is a post that has been on my mind for a while. As I am moving into my 8th year of photographing women, there are a lot of things I have heard over and over again from clients as well as things I hear from fellow photographers. My hopes for this post is to get clients and photographers on the same page about what to expect from Boudoir!
1. Its ok to be nervous. In fact, I welcome it! Nerves mean you are outside your comfort zone. Guess where all the fun stuff happens in life? That’s right – outside your comfort zone!! That’s where growth and self-discovery thrive. Embrace the nerves, I promise they won’t last long.
2. We aren’t judging (or even really looking) at your body. I know that sounds crazy, but as photographers – that is not our job. Our job is to master posing, light, emotion, etc… So yes although we SEE you, we aren’t picking you apart. We are actually always aiming to capture the best of you and therefore, that is what we see.
3. On that note, you should know – Both Men and Women make great photographers! Yes, there are some perverts out there, however, some of the best boudoir photographers I have seen are Men. Men have the ability to see women a different way that Women can. It’s not that one way is wrong or right. They are just different. When searching for a photographer, keep in mind which would make you feel more comfortable. Want to bring a friend to the shoot to make you feel better? Great! Always make sure you bring a friend who won’t be insulted when you throw her out though. A true professional will never make you feel uncomfortable – so you might not need her as much as you think.
4. You don’t have to lose 5 or 10 pounds to book a shoot. Here’s a tip ladies -Wardrobe is key!! With the proper wardrobe, you are giving your photographer the ability to pose you any way they would like. By posing you properly, we will always make you look as good as you look in real life, if not better! And do yourself a favor – Get yourself measured!! Most women are wearing the wrong bra size. The proper bra size makes you look firmer, trimmer and way hotter. (Oh and PS… your period isn’t an excuse to cancel a shoot – a little bloat doesn’t really show on camera.)
5. No, we can’t just photoshop that out. Ok yes, there are SOME things we can photoshop out – like that little tattoo you got one drunk night when you were 18. Maybe that can easily go, but if it covers your whole back, maybe not. Talk to your photographer about their photoshop policies before you book them!
6. The more it hurts the better it looks. A lot of photographers bill a photo shoot as a fun sexy day in which you will be pampered. Almost like a spa day. I am here to tell you that even though you WILL feel amazing, it is a lot of work. We are going to pose you and make you wear uncomfortable shoes and wardrobe. Your back will be sore, you may have blisters on your feet… but trust me when I tell you it’s worth it. Even though it might feel weird, trust us when we pose you. Our expertise is what you are paying for! You will have a new found appreciation for models.
7. Even though you say “it’s for him”, it’s also for you. Most women book shoots as a gift for someone else. The truth is, the experience is for you! The photos are the souvenir. Embrace the experience. The feelings that come along with it. Look back at the photos and remember how incredible you felt that day. You deserve the gift too.
8. It sucks that I can’t share your photos. I am going to take really gorgeous images of you, and it SUCKS that I can’t share them. I mean how can I build my business if I can’t share my work? It’s not easy – trust me. That said, I will still respect your privacy. If you don’t sign a model release (some clients still do), I will not share your photos without your permission and I will not hold it against you. Your happiness is the most important thing in the world to me. That said, we love when you tell others how awesome we are. Boudoir is built on referrals and trust. If you love and trust us, please tell someone!
9. Size or age doesn’t matter. We don’t care if you are a size 2 or a size 22. 25 years old or 85 years old. For me, I want all women to celebrate their unique femininity shamelessly. That truly means ALL women. Don’t put boundaries on yourself just because you “think” it’s not for you. That is just your brain lying to you.
10. Be prepared, this could be a life changer. You think you are booking a photo shoot for fun or a gift. And you are! However, there is often the most incredible side effect to this experience. Often women will realize their potential. Their secret powers. Their true worth. They will get in touch with feelings they repressed and forgot about a long time ago. These feelings open up their minds and worlds. It gives them power to LIVE. To go after what they want in life. To get out of bad relationships, to apply for new jobs, to travel, to fall in love… The possibilities are endless. This is not just a photo shoot. It’s a life experience.
I hope this will shed some light on how fun and life changing boudoir can be! Please make sure to share with your friends… and take the leap – it’s SO worth it!
I was so nervous walking through the mall, through hoards of people on a Sunday afternoon. I was practically fighting traffic to get to something that made me so nervous. I almost turned around when we got to the entrance of the store, but Michael, the boyfriend, was right behind me, I would have looked really silly had I just stopped and turned around. Dramatic even. I remember feeling like I was in a daze as I stared at the shelves and shelves of eyewear. I need glasses. And they are going to cover up what has been my best feature, my most complimented feature, my whole life. They have been my security blanket when it comes to my own personal beauty standards. I’m curious though, what has been your most complimented feature? What has been your pride and joy?
Let’s take a second and really think about your beauty. Your mind just went somewhere else though, didn’t it? Did you start thinking about features that you wish you didn’t have? Insecurities. “Well, I get complimented on my eyes, but my teeth are crooked”. Yeah, I’ve been there. I think that’s why this video means so much to me. That is why I want to share this with you.
We have a tendency to think about how we could possibly look better. I’m in an industry where photo shop and physical augmentations are really the hot topics. My studio is full of the words “retouch” and “alter”. Take a few minutes and watch this though. I want to hear what you think about it, honestly! I cry every time I watch it (thanks Dove!) Does this video speak to you the same way it does to me? Email me back and let me know
I can’t even explain to you how excited I am to be in the Featured Entrepreneur section (thanks to the WISE Center!) of Syracuse Woman Magazine! What. An. Honor! I used to shoot for them a few years ago, and let me just tell you, the people involved with the magazine are fabulous. Farah Jadran, the editor, is actually one of the women in the area that I look up to! And if you aren’t familiar with the WISE (Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship) Business Center, you should be! Lindsay Wickham, Joanne Lenweaver, and countless other amazing women are involved in the center, and they support the heck out of us women business owners.
So in short, thank you SWM and WISE, especially Lindsay Wickham for taking my blabbering and creating such a great article on what we do at Syracuse Boudoir.
Feel free to read it here:
The entire issue can be located here!